Real Group National Tutoring Programme Privacy Notice
For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the EEF, Evaluator, DfE and the Real Group are Joint Controllers.
The Evaluator will be the primary point of contact for the duration of the Project, with the EEF becoming the primary contact when the NTP Data is transferred to the data archive, provided in each case that:
Real Group shall, in connection with performing the foregoing obligations, provide to the EEF such information as the EEF may require from time to time, in connection with such performance; and (ii) the EEF may, upon notice to the Grantee, assume responsibility for all or part of the foregoing obligations and, in such case, the Grantee shall provide the EEF with all information and assistance as the EEF may require to enable the EEF to perform such obligations.
- The contact details of the Real Group’s Data Protection Officer are:
- Name: TBC (we are appointing a DPO in November 2020)
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The contact details of the EEF’s Data Protection Officer are:
- Name: Alan Martin
- Email address: email@example.com
- The contact details of the Evaluator’ Data Protection Officer are:
- Name: Richard Birkett
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
|Personal Data of students, tutors and school teachers participating in the National Tutoring Programme (“NTP Data”), which will be Processed by the Third Party Providers under the instruction of the Grantee.
|The NTP Data shall be collected and Processed for research purposes and to allow the EEF and the Grantee to monitor the effectiveness of the National Tutoring Programme
|NTP Data – categories of personal data
This is indicative of the types of data that will be collected, but is not intended as an exhaustive list:
|NTP Data – categories of Data Subject
|Handling data subject rights requests
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To enable us to effectively deliver the NTP to schools and pupils.
- To fulfil our reporting requirements to EEF, Evaluator and the DfE
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Pupils – pupil data is provided to Real Group by the school.
We may share this information with our NTP Tutor who is undertaking the tuition in the school.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in a secure Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Education Information Management System. All data is kept within the UK.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us via the contact details at the top of this notice if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us via the contact details at the top of this notice.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk